Today was the first day of the APA National Conference. Even though I don’t live too far, I have decided to stay in a hotel in Downtown LA to keep my focus on the conference the next few days. This is my last conference as an undergrad, and there’s a few things I want to get accomplished.
1. Make new connections and reconnect with planning professionals from across the country.
2. Attend the College of Environmental Design Reception in Silver Lake.
3. Successfully moderate morning panel discussions.
4. Attend transportation, open government, technology, and environmental related sessions/discussions.
5. Go to a few social events where I am forced to break out of the Cal Poly Pomona “bubble” and meet new people.
Here’s to a great conference!
So I have finally done it. After months of debating whether to start blogging, I finally started. Summer break has given me time to concentrate on projects I couldn’t normally fit into my schedule as a busy college student at Cal Poly Pomona.
This blog will focus on urban planning (if you know me, this is a given), student government (I’m Vice President of the student body!), sustainability, politics, leadership, professional growth, and whatever else enters my mind.
Let me know if you have any questions/suggestions for this blog. I look forward to this experience.